Cause we all know veggies are good for us!
Serving Size: about 15 skewers
Total Time: 40 min
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 batch fresh basil
- ½ cup olive oil
- 4 tsp balsamic vinaigrette
- 4 tsp pure maple syrup
- Salt (to taste)
- Ground pepper (to taste)
- 1 lemon
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 8 oz container of cremini mushrooms
- 2 zucchini (choose the thinner ones)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
Other: Skewer sticks (cut in half)
- Allow the skewer sticks to soak in warm water for 30 minutes.
- Chop the garlic into tiny pieces and place into a mixing bowl. Do the same for the basil. Pour olive oil, balsamic vinaigrette, pure maple syrup, salt and pepper and juice of 1 lemon into the bowl. Mix well.
- Cut the yellow and red bell peppers into even squares. Cut the zucchini (1cm width). Destem the cremini mushrooms. Leave the small pieces as is. Cut the larger pieces in half. Place all the chopped veggies into a large skillet and pour atop the dressing. Cook for about 10 minutes. Add the cherry tomatoes and cook for another 5 minutes or until you reach the desired texture. (I like my veggies soft, but you might like a little crunch to your peppers!)
- Remove the veggies from the pan and place on a plate. Allow it to cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Skewer away!
Tip: These skewers are best served warm. If you’re bringing it to a dinner party, ask to place it in the oven for 5-10 minutes just before serving!