After my Baked Apple Roses were a big hit at the Staff Bake-Off last year, I decided to enter the ring again with another croissant dough recipe. Try these adorable pops at your child’s next birthday party or bake sale!
Serving size: 30 pops
Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 15 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
- 2 cans of croissant pastry dough (look for ones with 0 trans fat)
- mini dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Farenheit.
- Roll the pastry dough into ping-pong ball sized spheres. Create a hole in the middle and place 6 chocolate chips inside and cover. Add tiny ears on either side. Place in the oven for 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
3. Place two mini chocolate chips for the eyes and one for the nose. 4. Poke through with a popsicle stick. If any of the ears fall off during the process, don’t fret! Simply melt some chocolate chips by placing them into the microwave, and use it as glue for the ears!
5. Finally, get creative with your display. Line them up on a plate, place them in a vase, or decorate a shoe box with wrapping paper, cut holes, and poke the pops through for a fun display!