Cookies with a hint of your favorite tea! My favorites are mango black tea and chamomile tea with chocolate crumbs!
Serving size: 24 large cookies or 30 small cookies
Total time: 30 minutes
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup oats
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon ground flax seeds
- ½ teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 stick of butter
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 2 tea bags (choose your own flavor!)
- 1 dark chocolate bar, crushed into crumbs (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350°
2. Mix dry ingredients: whole wheat flour, brown sugar, oats, cinnamon, salt, ground flax seed, baking soda
3. Heat butter (stove top or microwave) until fully melted and steaming hot.
4. Soak the tea bags into the melted butter, stir, and let it sit for 3 minutes.
5. While the tea is soaking, crush chocolate bar into small chunks or crumbs (as desired).
6. Remove the tea bag from the butter bowl. Add eggs and canola oil and mix well.
7. Combine dry and wet ingredients. Mix thoroughly.
8. Round the dough into slightly-pressed golf-sized balls and spread them out on a baking tray.
9. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
10. Let sit for 10 minutes to cool off. Then serve, share and enjoy!
These cookies were the perfect treat for a study session with my college roommates!
Try experimenting with different teas! Leave a comment with your favorite tea cookies!