Give the French fries and bagged potato chips a break and save yourself some calories by baking your own sweet potato chips! Sweet potatoes are filled with antioxidants, vitamin A precursor, beta-carotene, vitamin C, fiber and potassium. It has 28% more potassium than a banana!
Serving size: Equivalent to a bag of chips
3 medium-sized sweet potatoes
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
- Scrub sweet potatoes and soak them in a large pot of warm water for 30 minutes
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- In a small bowl, mix together olive oil, lemon pepper seasoning and salt
- Remove sweet potatoes from the pot and thoroughly rinse them
- Slice sweet potatoes and place them on a baking tray. The thinner you slice them, the crispier they will be, but may require less cook time. If you want softer wedge-style fries, make thicker slices.
- Slather the sauce over sweet potato slices
- Place in oven and cook for 20-25 minutes or until crisp.
I also experimented with carrots, and apples sprinkled with cinnamon! Play around with different fruits and vegetables and share your ideas! Maybe your ideas will be featured on my blog!