Who says bruschetta can’t be sweet? Here’s the sweet and minty dessert I made for a classical house party at my neighbor’s apartment. It was a bit hit among the musicians and music-lovers!
- 1 baguette
- 2 cups raw almonds
- 2 tbs honey
- 1 16oz container of strawberries
- Slice the baguette diagonally into ½ inch pieces. Lay each piece flat on a frying pan and toast until slightly toasty and crisp. (You want to take it out just before the color starts changing)
- Place almonds into a blender and blend until it becomes a spread.
- Place the almond spread in a bowl and mix in the honey.
- Dice the strawberries into tiny pieces.
- Roll up mint leaves and cut as small as you can. Mix it with the strawberry.
- Paste the almond spread onto the lightly toasted baguette slices and top it off with the strawberry-mint mix.