For non-dairy eaters like me, kale serves as a great alternative. The leafy dark-greens provide a substantial amount of calcium, Vitamins A, C and K, as well as minerals and antioxidants.
When craving potato chips, opt for baked kale chips instead. They’re easy and quick to make!
- One bunch of kale
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Optional: parmesan cheese, cinnamon, garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Wash kale well. Remove the rib, (hard stem) and cut the leaves into pieces about the size of your palm.
- Lay the leaves flat on a cooking tray.
- Sprinkle oil, salt, pepper for a basic taste, or add cinnamon, cheese or garlic powder for more flavor. (I separated mine so that the different flavors won’t clash).
- Place tray(s) in oven for about 10 minutes. Flip the leaves over, and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Enjoy your healthy snacks!