Having a small get-together but have minimal time to prepare? Here’s an easy-to-prepare party snack your guests will enjoy!
Serving Size: party of 5
- Multi-grain Tortilla Chips (from Trader Joe’s)
- 5 fresh tomatoes
- 1 fresh red bell pepper
- 1 small onion
- 15-20 fresh basil leaves
- ¼ canned corn
- ½ canned organic black beans
- Adobo seasoning
- Ground or fresh thymes
- Fresh lemon/lime or extract
- Pure ground black pepper
(Some spices are optional—try throwing in a variety of the spices in your kitchen)
- Cut red bell pepper and tomatoes into small cubes. Cut onion and basil leaves into small bits.
- Place cut pieces into the blender and give it about 10 pulses, for a thick consistency. I suggest blending one tomato and a handful of the red pepper, onion and basil pieces at a time.
- After each blended batch, place into a large bowl. Add Adobo seasoning, thymes, ground pepper and two drops of lemon extract and mix.
- Add corn into the bowl and mix.
- Place the black beans into a smaller bowl and crush slightly with a large spoon. Add it to the large bowl and mix.
- Drain the liquid from the tomato using a pasta strainer.
- Place in the refrigerator for 2-4 hours before the party begins!
Once you’ve got this recipe down, try adding different types of vegetables, fruits and spices! I’d love to hear some of your own creations!