This is an easy appetizer your whole family will love! The best part is, you can use whatever’s is your fridge!
Serving Size: 6 skewers
- Skinless, boneless chicken (Make sure to use organic or minimally processed chicken.)
- 1 cucumber
- a handful of cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon oil (preferably olive oil, but other oils will do)
- 1/4 cup of teriyaki sauce (or soy sauce and brown sugar)
- skewer sticks
1. Cut chicken into small chunks
2. Slice cucumbers.
3. Pour oil and 2 tablespoons of water into skillet on medium heat.
4. Place chicken chunks, cucumbers and tomatoes into skillet. Cook on high heat until chicken is no longer pink.
5. Decrease heat to medium. Pour teriyaki sauce into skillet and mix well for 3 minutes.
6. Set aside on separate dish and let cool.
7. Put the cooked ingredients through sticks, alternating chicken, cucumber and tomatoes.
Remember: You can use any ingredients for these skewers. Some other examples are shrimp, beef or bacon, zucchini, avocado, peppers, and mozzarella cheese. Get creative!