Invited to a dinner party but have limited time to make a dessert? This recipe is perfect for moments like this! In just 30 minutes, you’ll have delicious cookies all your friends will enjoy!
Serving size: 28 cookies
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
1 cup and 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
½ stick of unsalted butter, melted
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons flax seed, grounded
Pure cherry jam (Look for one with no added ingredients)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Ground the flax seed. (Use a power tool such as a Vitamix or ground it manually–you’ll get a great arm workout!) 3. In a large bowl, mix together whole wheat flour, baking soda, baking powder, brown sugar and the grounded flax seed.
4. Place butter in a small bowl and place in the microwave for 1 minute. Pour into the large bowl.
5. Crack the egg and let it spill into the large bowl. Mix well in a circular motion.
6. Prepare your baking trays. (I lined parchment paper on mine, but you can do without.) Round the dough into the size of a ping-pong ball, and flatten slightly.
7. Place in the oven for 10 minutes. (Don’t forget to set your timer!)
8. Take the cookies out of the oven and onto your counter. While it’s still warm, use your index finger to press halfway into the center of each cookie. Using a spoon, gently place a drop of cherry jam (preferably real cherry pieces) into each of the grooves.
9. Place the trays back into the oven for 5 minutes.
10. Let cool and serve. Remember, presentation matters!
Try experimenting with different fruits spreads! Let me know what your favorite fruit drop cookies are!