This original recipe welcomes autumn, bringing in the tastes of pumpkin and ginger, with almonds and dried cranberries for added flavor.
Serving size: 2 loaves
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 3 cups brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 can of pure unsweetened pumpkin puree
- ¾ cup dried cranberries
- ¾ cup sliced almonds
- 2/3 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Mix dry ingredients: whole wheat flour, brown sugar, ground cinnamon, ground ginger, baking soda, salt
- Mix wet ingredients in a separate bowl: oil, eggs
- Combine the wet and dry mixtures.
- Add pumpkin puree, water, dried cranberries and sliced almonds. Mix thoroughly.
- Fill the bottom of the loaf trays with 1 teaspoon of oil. Pour mixture into trays, filling it ¾ of the way.
- Place in the oven for 1 hour 15 minutes. Insert toothpick into bread-if it comes out clean, your autumn bread is ready!
Serve and enjoy!