Hearty and filling with a touch of sweetness!
- 2 apples
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 cup oats
- 1 large egg
- 1 stick butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Mix the dry ingredients: whole-wheat flour, baking soda, brown sugar, cinnamon, and oats.
- Peel and chop apples into tiny bits and place in a blender.
- Melt the butter by placing it in the microwave for 40 seconds or until liquefied.
- Mix the wet ingredients: egg, butter, applesauce, milk, maple syrup and honey.
- Combine dry and wet ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Pour mix into a dish and place in the oven for 60 minutes, checking periodically. You may need more or less time. Poke the cake with a toothpick. When nothing sticks to the toothpick, it’s ready!
- Let cool for 15 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!