Whether you’re a student, a mom, or a businessman, we never seem to be getting enough sleep. But we must maintain a healthy sleep cycle in order to stay healthy—mentally and physically. Sleep can affect our immune system, and people who get sufficient sleep are less likely to become sick.
Most of us eat at generally the same time each day. In the same way, we should be crawling into and out of bed at the same time each day. This will keep a constant sleep cycle so there are no surprises to your body. I would recommend getting at least 7 hours of sleep each day. Although some people may want to sleep in on the weekends, it’s best to maintain our sleep schedules.
Tips to improve your sleep:
- Have a comfortable mattress.
- Don’t eat and drink excessively during the day.
- Don’t drink caffeine at night.
- Wear an eye mask if you have distracting roommates.
- Eat walnuts and drink tart cherry juice, which contain melatonin and is proven to help you fall asleep faster.
- Drink chamomile or passionflower herbal tea, which calms us down, preparing us for sleep.
Stay away from sleeping pills because you’ll eventually become dependent on it. Always go natural!
Photo Credit: http://www.catherine-mccarthy.com/?p=149