Add a new taste to your tongue! This quick and easy-to-make meal is light, flavorful and nutritious–-perfect for a post-workout meal!
Serving size: 2
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 2 large pieces (or 4 small pieces) of chicken breast tenderloins
- 1 tablespoon grated, peeled fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon Adobo seasoning
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
1. Pour extra-virgin olive oil into large skillet and add the chicken breasts. Cook over medium heat.
Cut a small chunk of ginger. Peel and cut into small bits.
Place chopped pieces into blender and grate.
Place the grated ginger pieces into a bowl. If large pieces still remain, crush manually using a utensil.
5. Add soy sauce, ground cinnamon, salt and Adobo seasoning into the bowl and mix thoroughly.
6. Slather the sauce onto the cooking chicken in the skillet. Let it sit until the chicken is fully cooked, making sure that the sauce seeps into the meat.
Once the chicken is fully cooked, you’re ready to serve! I served my chicken with a vegetable medley (green beans, broccoli and sprouts), and a slice of whole grain fiber-enriched bread.
Enjoy! Let me know if you’ve tried it!