After today’s workout, you’ll feel the power of an Olympic athlete. Get ready to feel the burn!
[If you have any health concerns, please consult your doctor or physician before performing any exercise posted on this blog. Lil’ Fit Birdie is concerned for your health, but is not responsible for any injuries! Happy workout!]
Music: In My Place by Coldplay
- Neck flexion/side bend
- Shoulder/tricep stretch
- Latissimus dorsi stretch
- Quad stretch
- Hip stretch
- Spine stretch
1. Cardio blast: God’s Not Dead (Like a Lion) by Newsboys
- Verse 1: jog
- Chorus: pretend to jumprope
- Verse 2: ski jumps. Here’s a tutorial.
2. Leg Burners:
- Inverted Flyers – Here’s a visual. Do 2 sets of 10 on each leg with dumbbells. Optional: wear ankle weights.
- Mountain Climbers – Here’s a visual. Do 2 sets of 25. Optional: wear ankle weights.
3. Bend Over Tricep Extension
Do 3 sets of 10.
4. Cardio blast: Dance to Good Time by Owl City and Carly Rae Jepson
5. Ab burners:
- Lemon squeezers – Do 2 sets of 15. Optional: use ankle weights.
- Side bends – Do 2 sets of 15. Beware of bending at the neck; use your core to bring yourself up.
- Leg flutters: Lie down on your back. Keeping your legs straight, flutter your legs, lifting it only 5 inches from your mat, as if you’re swimming. Do 2 sets of 25. (1 = right and left).
6. Cardio blast:
- Kickboxing: 50 jumping punches: While jumping from side to side, throw your arm out for punches. Punch the opposite way you’re jumping. Get aggressive! (1 = right and left)
- 50 jumping jacks
7. Plank with arm/leg raises: While in a plank position, raise your right arm and your left leg. Release and lift your left hand and right leg. Do 2 sets of 10. (1 = right and left)
8. 1-minute plank.
And that’s a wrap! You should feel extremely proud of yourself for pushing through 5 full days of fitness. Let me know if you’ve completed the challenge and what you thought of it. But don’t stop here! Mix and match your favorite exercises and keep fitness in your daily routine.