Good for you for motivating yourself to Day 2! Each day, we’ll be pushing ourselves a bit further. Grab some water, and let’s begin!
[If you have any health concerns, please consult your doctor or physician before performing any exercise posted on this blog. Lil’ Fit Birdie is concerned for your health, but is not responsible for any injuries! Happy workout!]
Music: Fill Me Up, written and performed by my good friend, Jamie Chang:
- Neck flexion/side bend
- Shoulder/tricep stretch
- Latissimus dorsi stretch
- Quad stretch
- Hip stretch
- Spine stretch
[In case you forgot the stretches, refer back to here:
1. Cardio: Lost Highway by Bon Jovi:
- Verse: jog
- Chorus: jumping jacks
- Guitar solo: go crazy!
2. 15 wall squats—Be sure to keep your kneecap aligned with your middle toe.
3. 15 wall squats with bicep curls (Curl up as you go down).
4. Chair Dips–Do 2 sets of 10.
5. Cardio blast: 15 Blurpees:
6. Ab burners:
- Leg/hip lifts
- Lie down on your mat. Keep your legs straight together with your arms flat on your mat.
- Lift your legs up 90 degrees. Then lift your hips upward while tightening your buttocks muscles.
- Lower your hips. Lower your legs.
- Do 2 sets of 10.
Optional: use ankle weights.
- Russian Twist with weights.
- Sit with bent knees, feet flat on your mat.
- Hold weights (4-10 pounds)
- Rotate your upper body slowly to the right and left.
- Do 2 sets of 15. (1 = right to left)
- For an extra challenge, lower your back while keeping it straight.
- Lie on your left side with your head rested on your left arm, and lay the right hand flat on your thighs.
- Tightening your abs, list both legs off the floor while performing a side-ways crunch.
- Do 2 sets of 15 on each side.
7. Cardio blast: Dance to Call Me Maybe by Carly Rae Jepson:
8. Plank knee pull-ins
- Do 10 on each leg.
- Repeat the set, but this time, cross your knee across your chest, reaching the opposite side.
- Optional: use ankle weights.
9. Hip twist
- Sit up on your mat.
- Bring your arms directly behind you with your fingers pointing towards your body.
- Lift your legs up, keeping them straight with flexed feet. Keep your feet glued to each other.
- Using your abdominals, bring your legs to your right side, and then to the left. (The lower you keep your legs, the more of a challenge it is!)
- Do 2 sets of 10. (1 = right to left)
- (Don’t put so much pressure on your wrists. Instead, use your abdominals to support your body. But if your wrists are bothering you, move on to the next exercise).
10. 1-minute plank. For an extra challenge, do up-downs (bring yourself up to a push-up position, lower yourself, and repeat).
Repeat the stretches.
Congratulation! You made it through Day 2! Keep it up!
Some of these photos are courtesy of Core Training Anatomy by Dr. Abigail Ellsworth, published by Thunder Bay Press.