Fitness not only has its physical benefits, but working out and eating healthily can also affect our mental health. We’re likely to be more alert and energized, ultimately leading to a happier and healthier life!
[If you have any health concerns, please consult your doctor or physician before performing any exercise posted on this blog. Lil’ Fit Birdie is concerned for your health, but is not responsible for any injuries. Happy workout!]
Always start with stretches:
Music: Carried Away by Sonicflood:
- Neck flexion/side bend
- Shoulder/tricep stretch
- Latissimus dorsi stretch
- Quad stretch
- Hip stretch
- Spine stretch
1. Cardio blast
Music: Drive By Train
- Verse 1: jog
- Chorus: high-knees
- Verse 2: butt kicks
2. 20 lunges on each leg while holding weights (4-10 pounds)
3. 25 Shoulder presses—Here’s a visual
4. 25 Tricep presses
5. Cardio blast: Dance to What Makes You Beautiful by One Direction
Be sure to hydrate!
6. Ab burners
- Abdominals kicks
- Lie down and pull your right knee in toward your chest while tightening your left knee, raising it about 45° off the mat.
- Place your right hand on your right ankle and your left hand on your right knee, maintaining proper alignment.
- Switch your legs and hands simultaneously.
- Do 2 sets of 20 on each leg.
- Side plank dips—Here’s a visual. Do 3 sets of 10 on each side.
- Sit-ups—Do 2 sets of 15. Exhale as you come up. Keep your back straight as much as possible to avoid back pain.
7. 25 Burpees—Here’s a tutorial
8. Plank with front raise—Here’s a visual.
Do 2 sets of 10 with 3-5 pound weights. Work to keep your body straight; don’t rock to one side.
9. 1-minute plank on forearms.
Repeat the stretches.
Congratulations! You’ve made it through 4 days!
Some of these photos are courtesy of Core Training Anatomy by Dr. Abigail Ellsworth, published by Thunder Bay Press and used with permission.