Kudos to you for making it to Day 3!
Don’t forget to hydrate throughout the workout.
[If you have any health concerns, please consult your doctor or physician before performing any exercise posted on this blog. Lil’ Fit Birdie is concerned for your health, but is not responsible for any injuries! Happy workout!]
Music: Put Your Records On by Corinne Bailey Rae
- Neck flexion/side bend
- Shoulder/tricep stretch
- Latissimus dorsi stretch
- Quad stretch
- Hip stretch
- Spine stretch
1. Cardio blast: Say My Name by Destiny’s Child
- Start off with a jog.
- Do ski jumps during the chorus: Here’s a tutorial on it.
2. Grab 2 textbooks or dictionaries for Step-downs
- Step onto the books with your feet a smidge apart from each other.
- Lift your right foot off the books, flexed, and slowly bend your left knee until your right heel touches the floor. Slowly straighten your left knee.
- Do 2 sets of 15 on each leg.
- Be sure to keep your kneecap aligned with your middle toe.
3. Quadruped Lateral Lift
- Kneel on your hands and feet. Keeping your weight centered, slowly raise and lower your right leg in the bent position.
- Do 3 sets of 10 of each leg. Optional: use ankle weights.
4. 10 hand walk-out + push-ups
Stand up straight. Walk your hands forward, into a plank position. Perform a push-up, and walk your hands toward your feet and come to a stand.
5. Cardio blast: Just dance to Just Dance by Lady Gaga
- Squeeze 50 jumping jacks in before the song ends
6. Ab burners:
- Crossover crunches
- Lie down with your hands behind your head.
- Roll up your torso and reach your right elbow to your left knee, extending the right leg.
- Switch, reaching your left elbow to your right knee, extending your left leg.
- Do 2 sets of 15. (1 = right and left).
- Abdominal Hip Lifts
- Lie down with your legs straight up in the air, crossing your ankles. Keep your arms flat on your mat.
- Lift your hips upward while tightening your buttocks muscles.
- Lower your hips.
- Do 2 sets of 10. Hold at the top of 3 seconds. If your back hurts, stop!
- 25 V-Ups
- Lie on your back.
- Bring your arms behind your head.
- Lift your arms and legs towards each other while tightening your core.
Take a break when you need.
7. Football Still Sprints—Stand in a squat position with feet a bit wider than shoulder width. Keeping that position, sprint in place for 30 seconds. Move your arms as if you were sprinting. Be sure to keep your back straight.
8. Lateral Raises— Do 3 sets of 10.
9. 1-minute plank—While in the plank position, lift your right leg up and hold for 3 seconds. Release and repeat with the left leg. Repeat for as long as you can within the minute.
Repeat the stretches.
2 more days to go! Keep up the good work!
Some of these photos are courtesy of Core Training Anatomy by Dr. Abigail Ellsworth, published by Thunder Bay Press.