You don’t have to feel guilty about eating a cupcake anymore! Here’s a healthy cupcake, filled with oats and fruit!
Serving Size: 12 cupcakes
- ¾ cup whole-wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup oats
- 1 large egg
- 1 stick butter
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup apple juice
- 1 teaspoons lemon or lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- cupcake liners
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Mix the dry ingredients: whole-wheat flour, baking soda, brown sugar, cinnamon, and oats.
- Microwave the stick of butter for 40 seconds or until liquefied.
- Mix the wet ingredients in a separate bowl: egg, butter, milk, apple juice, lemon or lime juice, and honey.
- Combine the ingredients in the larger bowl. Mix thoroughly.
- Add the dried cranberries and mix again.
- Place cupcake liners in trays.
- Pour the mix into the trays.
- Place in the oven at 375° for 25 minutes.
- Poke the cupcake with a toothpick. If nothing sticks to the it, you’re ready to serve!