This original dish is the perfect dessert–It’s not too sweet but sweet enough!
•5 tablespoons strawberry jam
•5 tablespoons brown sugar
•3 cups oats
•¼ cup canola oil
•5 tablespoons lime juice
•1 stick of butter
•1 ½ tablespoon cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350.°
2. Peel skin off apple.
3. Slice and pit apple. Throw into a pan.
4. Add jam and ¼ cup of water, mix and cook on medium heat.
[Frying the apples before cooking it helps the bottom of the dish not to get watery.]
While that’s cooking, let’s start on the “crumble.” But occasionally mix the apples and jam.
5. Place oats, brown sugar and cinnamon into a large mixing bowl. Mix the dry ingredients.
6. Microwave butter for 20 seconds. Place butter and oil into bowl and mix well.
-Don’t forget to keep mixing the apples!
7. Grab an oven-safe dish, and cover the bottom with half the “crumble.”
8. Drain any excess water from the pan and place apples on top of the layer of “crumble.”
9. Add the other half of the “crumble” for the top layer.
10. Cook in oven for 30-35 minutes.
Let cool for 5-10 minutes.
12. Serve and enjoy! This goes great with tea!
Let me know if you’ve tried it!
-Inspired by Fitnessista’s “Mixed Berry Crumble”